This department collects and organizes students' theses and dissertations and provides services to visitors. This section contains the following sections:
A. The stock of printed theses and dissertations: Located on the 6th floor of the Central Library, it contains the old theses and dissertations which have not been scanned and digitized yet.
B. The digital dissertation Hall: It provides visitors with the Pdf format of dissertations. This hall is located on the first floor of the library next to the information desk.
- Technical services of dissertations located on the ground floor where technical and administrative affairs are performed.
- The graduation center where students submit the last version of their dissertations. This section is located on the ground floor.
The main steps in this section are:
• To deliver the CD of the Dissertation as well as the form of checkout by the student
• To record new dissertations and their backup in the system
• To update and modify the information of dissertations in the system
• To prepare dissertations
• To index dissertations (currently stopped)
• To check the dissertation database
• To present services at the Digital dissertation hall
• To establish a proper mechanism for coordinating and cooperating between the Central Library and the libraries of different departments at the University of Tehran
To have a continuous review of methods, procedures, and plans for creating an appropriate database for dissertations at the University of Tehran.
• To help visitors
• To organize the department and coordinate the department staff in carrying out affairs
• To scan, modify and upload old dissertations
• To provide internship services to people who are introduced by educational institutions
This department is located on the first floor.
The director of the department: Seyyed Javad Zarghani